Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lean See in action

It was exciting to find Restoring TMGS by Lean See, Class of '81, who, like me, started blogging for this reason. We've emailed each other and are linking up our two blogs --- see the third link?

It takes you to Pn Noriza's letter to Lean See. I hope you will be touched by Pn Noriza's sincerity and concern for our alma mater and the scope and urgency of the situation (please, send your cheque soonest and keep circulating this appeal).

Below is an account from Lean See of her gang's initial actions:

"My friends and I started emailing the Sejarah TMGS to girls from other batches via their sisters, cousins and people they know who attended TMGS. One of the girls I emailed was Su See. She is my cousin who is currently residing in Australia. So I was pleasantly surprised that you got your initial email from her - so our mass emailing has worked!!"

Also from Lean See's blog - 3 MORE DISREPAIR PICTURES (see below right).

3 comments:

Mommy, Ee Ee or Kor kor said...

It was such a pleasant surprise to see your comments in my blog. What really made my day was how you came to know about it. Well, i do hope it is the same Su See, we are referring to. Even if it is not, the more awareness we can create the better.

I am emailing my Class of '81 to check out your blog. Our initial aim was to create awareness, perhaps it is time now to think of the next step. Let us know. All the best.

sweebin said...

Thanks, Lean See. My geng, Leong Li Yin, remembers you (she thinks). Were you head prefect? Another geng, Norma, thinks she remembers you too from GGuides.

Li Yin has some very do-able ideas and we should be implementing one soon. Will let you and gang know. We are all energized (Li Yin's mind was so abuzz, she woke up two nights wide awake, ha ha). Doing this project together..it's great!

Mommy, Ee Ee or Kor kor said...

Oops! I not head prefect. Our year head prefect was Judy Chan. She is now MIA (missing in action lah)somewhere in New Zealand.

Yes - i was in GGuides, 2nd Coy. Hopefully my GG badges are still somewhere in my cupboard in Tpg.,if my mum has not "buang" them away!!

All the names sound so familiar, just that the memory is not what it used to be. Must dig out the old photos and match name with face..
Ta!