Thursday, August 7, 2008

In process

It has been some time since I last posted. Previously, I shared my puzzlement that the visits have not resulted in contributions. The question then arose --- should this blog be continued?

Just then, angels came. First, an OG in Atlanta. A friend since Std One, Phang said we just need to keep reaching out to more OGs. A few days later, another friend asked me to hold on. A few days later, Puan Noriza called to give her assurance that the funds generated would be used for improving the school buildings (I had shared with her OGs' concern on this). She said the funds would be recorded in a separate statement under the PIBG account and that Ms Lim would be in charge.

A few days later, a mom I know from my children's class came over to me and whispered, "Live worthily," like a secret sisterhood code. Jenny went on to say: "I had just learned to get on the Net, and was surfing just some nights ago. I don't know what came over me but I decided to type in 'TMGS.' That took me to your blog. I saw your name and your picture but it didn't click that it was you! I had read through the blog and was scrolling up when it hit me...aiyoo!"

Jenny bouys me with her enthusiasm. A week after we had the above encounter, she emailed to say that her Class of '77 would do something. Then, my cousin called late in the night, when I was already in bed, to ask if the collection is still on. Told her, yes. She then told me that her gang of OGs are meeting up end of this month and she'd tell them.

Hey, things are happening, after all. I am simply heartened.

Enough to say this once again --- to all the OGs within earshot, let's just do this for our school, alright? Give. It needn't be a lot. Just give. Please.

No comments: